Friday, April 22, 2011

"Merilda Braiding" this week's DPW Challenge

"Merilda Braiding" (pastel, 10x8 inches)

I've been finishing up several unfinished works lately, and realized that this one, when done, had an almost ideal split-complimentary color scheme (well, except for the skin and hair) --so I've entered it in the Daily Paintworks weekly painting challenge!

And speaking of Daily Paintworks -- I'm extremely excited and proud to announce that I am one of their newest invited members (yay!) and will be continuing to strive toward painting (or at least posting!) every day, and continuing to improve my work so that I can be worthy of the honor!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME, Rita! Dang, when it comes to painting great paintings, you are like the Eveready Bunny - you just keep going and going! Congratulations on the invite to the Daily Paintworks. I don't know how you do it but I hope some of it rubs off on me at the IAPS Convention, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Your work is amazing so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete