Friday, February 17, 2012

Curly (and the Quick-Sketch Portrait - day 9)

"Curly"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  sold

I decide to move to a 6x6 format for some pastel cows. I'm finding some great shots that crop much better as a square than as a rectangle. I managed to take some progression photos of  Curly:










__________________________________________

Below is my Quick Sketch selection from today at the rodeo!
This lady had her portrait drawn once before (not by me!) and said it didn't look like her. She took a chance on mine, and was quite happy!

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating to see the progression Rita. Looks like you don't blend with your finger at all, looks vibrant and fresh. All soft pastels? Love how you honor cows and show their individual beauty and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! Nope, no fingers. But I did wash off some yellow background with a wet rag when I didn't like it, then I liked how it looked washed off, and left the streaky terra cotta primer (bottom right)

    ReplyDelete