Monday, March 25, 2013

"Audrey with Flowers at Seven" in the Artist's Magazine

"Audrey with Flowers at Seven"  (pastel, 28x22) is in the Artist's Magazine Competition Spotlight in the newly released May 2013 issue! (Page 80.) I think I bragged this weeks ago, then forgot all about it. I got my issue in the mail last week and didn't even look at it until I received my extra copies today from the publisher - oh yea!
Click the page image below for a closer look!

What a great ending to a fantastic weekend at the Bayou City Art Festival in Houston. I had the best sales of any art fair - ever! I sold both of my largest paintings, and close to twenty small and medium works, including ALL the cows! (Guess more cows will be on the easel soon! Lol)

Here are 'before' and 'after' shots of my booth from Friday to Sunday:
Picture this with more small works on the outside of one side panel, and more works filling up the backside of the rear panels.

This is what was left at the end of Sunday. That's it. Nothing in the back. Nothing on the side. You see it all.
Thank You BCAF for a top-notch event! And Thank You all you old and new clients for deciding to purchase my work on this beautiful spring weekend!

.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rita!
    And thanks for sharing your show setup. The black frames with the gold liners really highlight your work. Can you share the source? I totally understand if you can't.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      JMJ Frames out of San Diego, Jesus Lopez and his son Miguel come around with their truckload to the art organizations across the southern states and sell direct to the artists. They used to have a webpage but it's offline. I found their FB page : www.facebook.com/pages/JMJ-Frames/121537087915172 which has a phone #; if this one doesn't work email me via my website and I'll give you Miguel's cell. I think they're a bit overworked and understaffed.
      JFM Frames (http://www.jfm.net/) has similar styles and huge selection at comparable prices in the standard, premade frames, but then add shipping (which is why I usually just wait and buy from JMJ, they come to me!) But I have ordered a couple from JFM and they're excellent.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rita,
    Thank you ONCE AGAIN for sharing! I so appreciate the generosity of your time and extensive knowledge. I hope to meet you someday, ideally in one of your workshops.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your well earned huge successes, Rita!
    Your work really rocks! Thanks for the progress shots...always love them. I check in almost daily. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete