Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Old Barn

"Old Barn" (pastel over oil wash, 9x12 inches)  click here to bid

Here's Saturday's second demo from the workshop in Rockdale, TX. I created the two underpaintings in the morning, then demoed "Beach Path" (yesterday's post) right after lunch. This one I worked on in between helping the ladies with their pastel work.

Below are some progression shots of the underpainting, and one partway through the pastel:






the finished underpainting

 Partway through the pastel, I didn't like the foreground grasses, which had gotten too busy. So I washed a large area out with mineral spirits and a brush. I didn't add very much more pastel before calling this finished.

I really love Rockdale as a workshop town. They're all about hospitality!
Tomorrow I'll post about Sunday's plein aire adventure at Apache Pass.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment