Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Gilberta

"Gilberta"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

Well, tax day has come and gone, finally! I'm still recovering.

I just learned this is a Barbados sheep. A handsome family of them live across the street from my son's high school. I didn't really know what it was when I painted it. So I asked my husband (who usually knows everything) "Is this a goat or a sheep?" And he told me.

I usually can recognize a goat that looks goat-like or a sheep that looks sheep-like (sheepish?) but I have to admit that sometimes some of them seem rather similar (in the way of llamas and alpacas, which I know are not goats or sheep, but they do look similar to each other.) So tonight I decided to Google it, and found this helpful webpage: sheep101.info/sheepandgoats.html.

.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment