Saturday, June 8, 2013

Easter Vacation

"Easter Vacation"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

I had to call this one something to do with Easter because as I was painting it, I discovered all the colors commonly associated with the Western commercial Easter: pink, yellow, violet, baby blue, spring green, and I knew I had an "Easter Bunny" painting. But I didn't want to call it "Easter Bunny" because a part of me (which is still of a strong Christian faith) knows that Easter is not about bunnies.

But still, the capitalist in me understands the appeal of the popular associative colors.
So I looked at the pose and the expression. Could this be the Easter Bunny? I think it could, but it has such an attitude that says 'I'm relaxed here and taking a break from all the hassle and what are you doing interrupting me?"

So, since Easter was just a few weeks ago, I've decide this could be the Easter Bunny on Vacation, resting out on the edge of a mulched garden and some tall daffodils (not shown).

Thanks for reading, please share!
.

2 comments: