Monday, July 1, 2013

Fajita

"Fajita"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)

Getting ready for the Rockport Art Fest (Rockport, Texas) this weekend July 7 & 8. My new dailies this week will be going right into their frames for the art fest instead of to the auction. At least until I run out of 5x7 frames!

Fajita will definitely be with me in Rockport. See more info on the fest here: www.rockportartcenter.com/events

Progress shots below! this time I decided to include all the primer steps...
 I use Golden (brand) Fine Pumice Gel with Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold acrylic color added. Since this is transparent, every added layer gets a little darker and richer. Above is with the second layer of gold.
 ...and a 3rd layer of gold...
 Now the terra cotta Art Spectrum Pastel Primer.
 Lastly, the black Art Spectrum Pastel Primer (shown with photo) And it's ready for the pastel!
 Starting with the Terry Ludwig Eggplant - my essential black!
 (These pics were taken outdoors, so the color and contrast is a little off...)


Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

1 comment:

  1. Great piece and thank you for sharing the progress shots.

    ReplyDelete