Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Road Sketch #26

"Road Sketch #26" (pastel, 4x6 inches)  click here to bid

Back on the road and back into the road sketches, at least for a short while or until I get excited about something else...

I do feel compelled to admit that these are not necessarily scenes from my current trip, but are inspired by several shots that I filtered out of my photo files before I left. I guess I'm just not a plein air kind of road-trip artist, especially for a scene at the side of a road, while trying to drive...

Below are some progress shots. I used mounted Wallis paper for this one, with a pastel underpainting washed in with denatured alcohol, as I learned from Terri Ford's workshop this spring. I enjoyed the little road landscape I did in her workshop that I underpainted with lots of reds and pinks, so I went back to that idea with this one.







Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment