Friday, May 30, 2014

Donna Keyanna (and the Feedburner issues - Please Read!!)

"Donna Keyanna"  (pastel, 10x10 inches)  click here to bid

This lovely donkey I saw on my way north last month, just down the road from the Angora goats. She was sharing her pasture with a handsome llama. I might paint him some day. It was about 5:30 in the evening. Love that light!

On another topic of some importance to all of you who subscribe to my blog... I found out recently that I had some errors in the settings of my Feedburner (That's the thing that schedules and delivers my posts to your inbox) and for most of the month of May my posts were only reaching one or two subscribers (probably the new ones since May 3rd or so.)

Since everything I know about pastel is balanced 10-fold by everything I don't know about internet techie stuff, I took a self-scheduled emergency crash course called "Feedburner 101" at the ITU (Internet Troubleshooter University, aka: "Google search") and I'm still not sure if I passed or failed, but I changed a couple of settings, and at least one subscriber has said she received a late delivery of my 5/28 post today, and my 'reach' was up to 21 today. I have 192 subscribers though, and gained 10 of them in this broken month of May.

SO, I am requesting of all the rest of you 190 subscribers PLEASE respond in some way to let me know that you are getting my posts! Leave a comment, or reply to this email. I changed my 'from' email in the feedburner to my main email address of rita(at)ritakirkman.com, so PLEASE add this address to your contacts or your 'safe' list as well!

And if you've missed my posts in May, please visit my blog Here, or by clicking on the links at the top of this email, and catch up on the action!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! (Hopefully the problem is solved. If not, another crash course will be imminent...)

For your enjoyment, after that annoying technical stuff, here are a few shots of my progress on Donna Keyanna:





No comments:

Post a Comment