Thursday, September 25, 2014

Gregory

"Gregory"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

Day 25 in my 30-paintings-in-30-days of September!

This handsome dude is named for my favorite old-time movie actor, Gregory Peck. When I was younger I had a constant mind block on his name - don't ask me why! I could call up a clear image of his face, but when trying for his name all I could remember was that he was NOT Rock Hudson! Well, I finally created a memory association on his last name "Peck." From then on, when I couldn't remember his name, I would think "It's what birds do!" and there was his name.

I would never think of Gregory Peck as a rooster, but just as chickens are the best at pecking, Mr. Peck set the standard for the tall dark and handsome movie hero, IMHO.

I only got these three progress shots, then I got distracted by the painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment