Friday, April 24, 2015

King's Guard is the BOS!

 "King's Guard" (pastel, 8x6 inches) $1150

I was floored last evening at the reception for this year's Austin Pastel Society Juried Member Exhibition when I saw the giant purple ribbon next to my very own artwork! (This makes two years in a row for Best of Show, but I'm trying not to count for fear that people will begin to find me completely impossible to put up with!) Honestly, I'm just thrilled and riding the high of my good fortune, and thankful to Mike Beeman, who judged the show, for his choices. Literally, ALL the works in the show could have had top awards; the talent in this group of artists has been raising the bar higher and higher in the last decade. It's a great show, and still up in the Corridor of Art below the Chase Bank Bldg., 700 Lavaca, Austin TX., through May 3rd.
Here's my happy face with the King's Guard and big ribbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment