Saturday, May 9, 2015

Counting Sheep

"Counting Sheep" (pastel, 32x32 inches)  $4100

Whew! I was at this one all day Friday and most of Thursday. This is the last large work I needed for my show Beauty of the Beast at the Rockport Center for the Arts in Rockport, TX. I deliver 30+ works of art tomorrow! Reception and Gallery Talk is May 16 at 4:30.

I have to get this over to my framer this morning, so I'll keep this short.
Here's my photo composition, created in photoshop from 5 different pics.
This grayscale version was quite helpful when layering up the primers!

2 layers of the gold primer... see the sheep yet?
3 layers of the gold primer
...and the terra cotta primer





 Something's not right here. The little peeking sheep (one of the 4 imported from other photos) aught to be in the shadow of the sheep on the left.



There.

No comments:

Post a Comment