Saturday, May 30, 2015

Grounded Duckling

"Grounded Duckling"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  $249 Available at The Gallery at Round Top

My last painting before the pastel convention. Tomorrow I get to head up to Albuquerque for the biennial convention of the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS for short). I've attended every other one since 2007, when I was awarded Master Circle status. If you're not familiar with the convention (also called IAPS for short,) this is the long-awaited week when pastelists from all over the world gather, paint, learn, network, unwind and recharge. To get an idea of why I'm so excited to go, see my (long) post about the 2011 IAPS on my Art Journal Blog HERE!

Late yesterday I decided I'd benefit from cleaning out my travel pastel box for the trip...


See some pics of that process on a new Art Journal post HERE!

Meanwhile, here are some progress shots of Grounded Duckling:







Stay tuned next week for some Albuquerque landscapes, maybe!

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment