Monday, June 29, 2015

A New Day

"A New Day"  (pastel, 20x10 inches)  $800

Finally got back in the studio! Here's a little cutie I've been dying to paint for a long while, thanks to a friend I met in a workshop in south Texas earlier this year who very generously shared this photo with me. (Thanks Pam!) I was instantly captivated by this little one's blue eyes and dainty front hoof.

This painting will be with me this weekend at the Rockport Art Festival (unless she sells before that..)

On another note, the 100@100 Event on Saturday at the Wimberley Texas Community Center exceeded all expectations! Over $40,000 was raised for the Barnabas Connection, benefiting the Wimberley flood victims. (See my posts from last week, if you're new to my blog.) The Wimberley Valley Art League members pulled off an amazing organizational accomplishment in a very short amount of time, and deserve the gratitude of all of Wimberley for the success of their efforts. As I overheard one member saying to another "This is what this Art League was created for!"

Meanwhile, here are some progress shots of "A New Day":









Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment