Saturday, April 22, 2017

Golden

"Golden"  (pastel, 12x9 inches) $1350

My latest Renaissance Portrait has been accepted into the Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod annual exhibition For Pastels Only on Cape Cod 2017.  The show will take place at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod in South Yarmouth, MA, June 20 - July 16, 2017.
Opening Reception:  Saturday, June 24, 6:00 to 9:00 pm (Awards Presentation at 7:00) My schedule won't permit me to be there, but if you're in the area, please stop in and see the show!

For more information visit www.pastelpainterssocietyofcapecod.com 

This is the fourth or fifth portrait I've done using the toned underpainting technique with the gold and terra cotta primers, and I think it's the most successful with letting much of the underpainting "speak."




 IMO, she desperately needed an elf ear!

Thanks for watching! Please share!
And if you haven't yet, please like my Facebook Page!
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment